Karunanidhi shares dais with Sai Baba
Karunanidhi expresses gratitude to Sri Sai Baba for taking up works to strengthen the Kandaleru-Poondi canal.
New Delhi: While addressing a thanks-giving meeting in Chennai, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi on Sunday asserted that, ''Being an atheist there is nothing wrong in me sharing dais with Spiritual Leader and Godman Satya Sai Baba as our vision of serving the people are one and the same''.
Karunanidhi was delivering his presidential address at the meeting got up by the Chennai Citizens Conclave to express gratitude to Sri Sai Baba for taking up works to strengthen the Kandaleru-Poondi canal, which brings water to the city under the Telugu-Ganga scheme, at a cost of Rs 200 crore.
UNI quoted the CM as saying, ''Somebody might express surprise in sharing dais with the Godman. There is no surprise in it. Though I am an atheist, I have come here because I subscribe to the view that service to humanity is service to God.''
''We are serving the people in our own ways. While he (Baba) is doing in a spiritual way, I am doing it as a Governing person of the State. There is nothing wrong in it (me attending the function)'', Karunanidhi said.
''At a time when there were fake Godmen in the country, Sri Sai Baba was a true spiritual leader. Those who serve the people are equal to God. I believe in this. No one can disagree this view'', he said.
''Whether I accept the God is not the question. We should conduct ourselves in such a manner that God accepts us,'' Karunanidhi said.
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video