Karunanidhi’s Wife Visits Ailing Jayalalithaa
A woman walks past a mural of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa. (FILE PHOTO: REUTERS)
Chennai: DMK supremo M Karunanidhi’s wife Rajathi Ammal visited the ailing Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa at Apollo Hospital in Chennai on Friday and met with the CM’s close aide Sasikala and enquired about Jaya's health.
Earlier, on October 8, DMK's youth wing chief and Karunanidhi’s heir apparent MK Stalin too had paid a visit to Apollo and met AIADMK leaders including O Panneerselvam who handles the ailing CM’s portfolios.
Jayalalithaa was admitted to Apollo Hospitals on September 22. While the first three medical bulletins highlighted that Jayalalithaa has been responding well to treatment, the medical bulletins released in October gave some clarity on Jaya’s health including lung decongestion, respiratory support, passive physiotherapy, support system and mentioned that CM is advised a ‘longer stay’ in the hospital.
Her continuing illness had sparked various rumours including fake audio recording of Apollo employees and a fake recording of the Chief Minister herself saying she is fine.
Tamil Nadu has so far arrested 6 people and filed FIR against 43 for spreading rumours on Chief Minister's health.
Meanwhile, special prayers and pujas are being performed outside Apollo hospital by AIADMK party workers for their leader’s speedy recovery. Two party workers committed suicide in the last one week.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team