Kasab entered Mumbai on Wednesday, hanged on the same day
Kasab, the lone surviving gunman in the Mumbai attack, was hanged on Wednesday at 7.30 am at Pune's Yerwada Jail.
Mumbai: Wednesday appears to be a day of significance in the life of Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged on November 22. It was on a Wednesday that the Pakistani gunman had entered Mumbai along with his nine other Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorists to carry out the deadly attack.
25-year-old Kasab, the lone surviving gunman in the Mumbai attack, was hanged on Wednesday at 7.30 am at Yerwada central jail in prison. The rubber-inflated boat carrying Kasab and his nine accomplices had arrived at Kolivada colony in Colaba on the evening of November 26, 2008 from where they unleashed a wave of attacks during a 60-hour siege killing 166 people.
Kasab was arrested by Mumbai police at Marine Drive on the same night. Cine star Anupam Kher, whose performance in 'A Wednesday' - a movie dealing with terrorism - has been widely appreciated also saw tweets from his fans. "What co-incidence, Ajmal Kasab hanged on Wednesday and your movie 'A Wednesday' dealing on the same topic!" said a Twitter post.
Recommended For You
- Ducati XDiavel S Review: The Rs 19 Lakh Motorcycle Made to Make You Smile
- Happy Birthday Kangana Ranaut: Why the Actress Continues to Inspire Women
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A vs Redmi 3S: What's the Best Budget Xiaomi Phone
- Sonam Kapoor Looks So Ethereal In This Sabyasachi Ensemble
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Can't Wait to Join Dhoni & Boys in Pune