HC appoints two new lawyers for Kasab
The Bombay High Court appointed Amin Solkar and Farhana Shah as lawyers for Ajmal Amir Kasab.
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Tuesday appointed lawyers Amin Solkar and Farhana Shah for Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, sentenced to death for the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
The Maharashtra State Legal Cell on Tuesday appointed Solkar and Shah as Kasab's legal representatives after the terrorist requested that a lawyer be appointed to represent him in the high court.
Kasab was found guilty for his role in the November 26, 2008, Mumbai terror attacks and awarded the death penalty by special judge M L Tahaliyani on May 6.
He last week wrote a letter to the Bombay High Court saying the death sentence was not acceptable to him and that he wanted legal assistance to fight his case.
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- NASA Denies Changing 2000-Year-Old Zodiac Signs
- Rakesh Roshan Clarifies Krrish 4 Will Not Clash With 'Younger Brother' SRK's Film
- SRK, Randeep Hooda Condemn Uri Attack, Offer Condolences To Martyrs' Kin
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev