DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
HC appoints two new lawyers for Kasab
The Bombay High Court appointed Amin Solkar and Farhana Shah as lawyers for Ajmal Amir Kasab.
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Tuesday appointed lawyers Amin Solkar and Farhana Shah for Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, sentenced to death for the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
The Maharashtra State Legal Cell on Tuesday appointed Solkar and Shah as Kasab's legal representatives after the terrorist requested that a lawyer be appointed to represent him in the high court.
Kasab was found guilty for his role in the November 26, 2008, Mumbai terror attacks and awarded the death penalty by special judge M L Tahaliyani on May 6.
He last week wrote a letter to the Bombay High Court saying the death sentence was not acceptable to him and that he wanted legal assistance to fight his case.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017