HC appoints two new lawyers for Kasab
The Bombay High Court appointed Amin Solkar and Farhana Shah as lawyers for Ajmal Amir Kasab.
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Tuesday appointed lawyers Amin Solkar and Farhana Shah for Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, sentenced to death for the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
The Maharashtra State Legal Cell on Tuesday appointed Solkar and Shah as Kasab's legal representatives after the terrorist requested that a lawyer be appointed to represent him in the high court.
Kasab was found guilty for his role in the November 26, 2008, Mumbai terror attacks and awarded the death penalty by special judge M L Tahaliyani on May 6.
He last week wrote a letter to the Bombay High Court saying the death sentence was not acceptable to him and that he wanted legal assistance to fight his case.
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18