Kashmir's cycle of violence claims 47th victim
The toll of civilians killed in police firing since Friday has now gone up to 30.
Srinagar: The violence in Kashmir Valley claimed its 47th victim since June 11 when a civilian on Thursday succumbed to a bullet injury he received during protests in Srinagar on Wednesday.
Fifty-year-old Gulam Muhammad Badyari was injured in firing by security forces late Wednesday when a mob attacked a paramilitary picket in Gunpatyar area of the city, police said.
Doctors at the hospital where the victim was admitted on Thursday morning said that he succumbed to his injuries and his body was being handed over to his relatives.
A youth, identified as Muhammad Yaqoob Bhat, was killed in security force firing in Nund Reshi colony in Bemina area on Wednesday evening.
The toll of civilians killed in police firing since Friday has now gone up to 30 while 47 people have been killed in the cycle of violence that started June 11.
A nervous calm prevailed as authorities here decided to continue curfew in the entire summer capital Srinagar and all other major towns of the valley.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar