Kashmir's cycle of violence claims 47th victim
The toll of civilians killed in police firing since Friday has now gone up to 30.
Srinagar: The violence in Kashmir Valley claimed its 47th victim since June 11 when a civilian on Thursday succumbed to a bullet injury he received during protests in Srinagar on Wednesday.
Fifty-year-old Gulam Muhammad Badyari was injured in firing by security forces late Wednesday when a mob attacked a paramilitary picket in Gunpatyar area of the city, police said.
Doctors at the hospital where the victim was admitted on Thursday morning said that he succumbed to his injuries and his body was being handed over to his relatives.
A youth, identified as Muhammad Yaqoob Bhat, was killed in security force firing in Nund Reshi colony in Bemina area on Wednesday evening.
The toll of civilians killed in police firing since Friday has now gone up to 30 while 47 people have been killed in the cycle of violence that started June 11.
A nervous calm prevailed as authorities here decided to continue curfew in the entire summer capital Srinagar and all other major towns of the valley.
- Amar Singh is Back Centre Stage; So is Trouble
- In Pics: A Day of High Drama at Samajwadi Party
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by Akhilesh
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President