DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kashmir's cycle of violence claims 47th victim
The toll of civilians killed in police firing since Friday has now gone up to 30.
Srinagar: The violence in Kashmir Valley claimed its 47th victim since June 11 when a civilian on Thursday succumbed to a bullet injury he received during protests in Srinagar on Wednesday.
Fifty-year-old Gulam Muhammad Badyari was injured in firing by security forces late Wednesday when a mob attacked a paramilitary picket in Gunpatyar area of the city, police said.
Doctors at the hospital where the victim was admitted on Thursday morning said that he succumbed to his injuries and his body was being handed over to his relatives.
A youth, identified as Muhammad Yaqoob Bhat, was killed in security force firing in Nund Reshi colony in Bemina area on Wednesday evening.
The toll of civilians killed in police firing since Friday has now gone up to 30 while 47 people have been killed in the cycle of violence that started June 11.
A nervous calm prevailed as authorities here decided to continue curfew in the entire summer capital Srinagar and all other major towns of the valley.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs