DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kashyap loses in quarters of China Open
Wang's net winners proved crucial as he took several points away from the London Olympics quarterfinalist.
Shanghai: Parupalli Kashyap lost his quarterfinal match at the $350,000 China Open Super Series Premier badminton event to local hope Zhengming Wang in straight games here on Friday. The World No.17 Chinese won their first ever encounter 21-17, 21-7 in 34 minutes at the Yuan Shen Gymnasium.
Wang's net winners proved crucial as he took several points away from the London Olympics quarter finalist. The first game was a neck-and-neck fight till the change of sides. But from 11-all Wang took the initiative to extend his lead as Kashyap dropped his serve at regular intervals. The Chinese took just one game-point to take the lead in the contest.
The second game was completely dominated by the Chinese who got 21 of the 28 points played. From 12-6, Wang raced away to 20-6 before wrapping up the tie on his second match point. The World No.23 Hyderabadi will next play the $250,000 Hong Kong Open Super Series starting next on Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan