Kate Middleton meets ailing children at a hospital in New Zealand
The Duchess of Cambridge is on a 3-week tour to New Zealand and Australia with husband William and son George.
London: Kate Middleton paid a visit to ailing kids at Rainbow Place Children's Hospice.
The Duchess of Cambridge is on a three-week tour to New Zealand and Australia with her husband and Britain's Prince William and son Prince George.
Dressed in emerald coat by Erdem, the Duchess of Cambridge Saturday met with more than 40 children and their families, and after going on a tour of the facility, she said, "There should be more places like this", reports radaronline.com.
The 32-year-old also a met a 12-year-old boy named Sam Ogilvy, whose father drowned two years ago. Sam told his story to Middleton using a sand tray, saying: "I told her about my journey. She was really nice. She quite liked the sand tray idea of telling the story."
Middleton also met 6-year-old Bailey Rupe, asking about her mother, who was diagnosed with breast cancer and given six weeks to live, saying: "Are you having tea? Can I sit with you? How is mummy doing?" Middleton also added to the little girl, "Do you find it difficult sometimes? You're a very brave little girl."
After the princess's visit, Bailey said: "I was excited to meet a real princess and it made me feel like a princess for the day, too."
Midleton also visited an art therapy room and addressed children dealing with their parents' illnesses, saying: "It looks far too tidy to be an art therapy room. There's normally paint everywhere and I normally end up getting some on myself!"
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18