Kate Winslet finds singlehood empowering
The Oscar-winning actress split from director Sam Mendes after seven years of wedlock.
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet has opened up about her split from director Sam Mendes, calling her single status "empowering".
The 'Titanic' star announced the end of her relationship with the filmmaker, her second husband, last March after nearly seven years of wedlock.
The 35-year-old actress, who was linked to male model Louis Dowler after the separation, has now broken her silence about the breakdown of her marriage to Mendes, saying that she is embracing life as a single mum-of-two, reported Vogue magazine.
"(It's an) empowering thing... experiencing those moments of being alone... is a very, very weird flooring and exposing position to be in when you're just not used to it.
And it's not just being in a relationship. It's also the fact that I grew up in a family full of people. I've never been lonely. And with (kids) Mia and Joe that remains the case.
"But to be in this place now where I can say I really like this space. I really need to not have anyone around. It's a surprise to discover that I like being on my own," said the actress.
Winslet was previously married to Jim Threapleton, with whom she has daughter Mia, but they divorced in 2001.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion