Kavita murder case: Prime accused dies in police custody
Ravindra Pradhan died under mysterious circumstances.
New Delhi: Prime accused in the Kavita Rani murder case Ravindra Pradhan, who was lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad, died under mysterious circumstances late on Thursday night died.
Jail superintendent VK Singh confirmed the undertrial's death and said Pradhan was rushed to the district hospital after he complained of severe vomiting. Pradhan was declared dead in the hospital.
Pradhan, who was allegedly having an affair with Meerut University lecturer Kavita, was facing trial in connection with her murder in October 2006.
The accused had been lodged in a separate cell in the district jail since February 2007 as his bail was denied by the Allahabad High Court. Four other accused in the case are still in Dasna jail.
Merajuddin and Babulal of the Rashtriya Lok Dal were forced to step down as Uttar Pradesh ministers after Pradhan said Kavita was murdered over a dispute regarding black money collected from politicians who allegedly had intimate relationship with her.
Kavita was murdered allegedly after a dispute over sharing the money extorted from Meerajuddin. Her body was thrown into a canal and has not been recovered yet.
Recommended For You
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw