Kazakhstan: Boy declared 'pregnant' by doctors
The boy was pronounced "with child" at a hospital in Aktobe city, where he was treated for kidney problems.
Moscow: A male pregnancy is definitely a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. A 15-year-old Kazakh boy was recently declared pregnant, given a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and a bill for 50,000 tenge ($330).
Baizhan Aldashev was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" at a hospital in Aktobe city, where he was treated for kidney problems.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues. The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital's director explained.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems. The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
"We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand - that's ridiculous, you know," a family representative said.
- India's 'Eyes in the Skies' Gave Images for Surgical Strikes
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet Today
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Rishi, Neetu and Riddhima Post Messages For Ranbir Kapoor On His Birthday