Four months after massive flash floods, Kedarnath yatra resumes
The weather in Kedarnath remains a worry and most roads in the region are also still damaged.
Kedarnath: The yatra to the Kedarnath and Badrinath shrines reopened on Saturday four months after flash floods devastated Uttarakhand. The first group of pilgrims were scheduled to leave from Sonprayag to Kedarnath at 9 am.
Though the weather in Kedarnath, still remains a worry. Most roads in the region are still damaged but the administration said that adequate arrangements have been made for all the pilgrims on the route.
Massive mid-June flash floods had ravaged Uttarakhand taking away lives of thousands and property worth crores had been destroyed.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner