Fast track court to hear Keenan-Reuben murder case today
The court is likely to decide on the defence's plea seeking the police station diary and other documents.
New Delhi: A Sewri fast track court on Monday will hear the Keenen Santos and Reuben Fernandez double murder case. They were stabbed while trying to protect their female friends from a group of molesters.
The court is likely to decide on the defence's plea seeking the police station diary and other documents. The court will also hear the murder case of Pallavi Purkayastha, a legal advisor, who was killed by her building's watchman.
Earlier, Prosecution had said that Keenan (24) and Reuben (29) were stabbed after a scuffle near a paan shop in suburban Andheri on October 20 last year. Police later arrested Jitendra Rana, Sunil Bodh, Satish Dulhaj and Dipak Tival for the murder.
According to police, the duo were attacked outside an eatery when they tried to protect their woman companions from a group of men who were misbehaving with them. The group after retreating initially came back at the spot with over 10 aides and brutally assaulted Keenan and Reuben in full public view. The case was transferred to the Sewri fast-track court in March following a huge public outcry.
With additional information from PTI
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher