Fast track court to hear Keenan-Reuben murder case today
The court is likely to decide on the defence's plea seeking the police station diary and other documents.
New Delhi: A Sewri fast track court on Monday will hear the Keenen Santos and Reuben Fernandez double murder case. They were stabbed while trying to protect their female friends from a group of molesters.
The court is likely to decide on the defence's plea seeking the police station diary and other documents. The court will also hear the murder case of Pallavi Purkayastha, a legal advisor, who was killed by her building's watchman.
Earlier, Prosecution had said that Keenan (24) and Reuben (29) were stabbed after a scuffle near a paan shop in suburban Andheri on October 20 last year. Police later arrested Jitendra Rana, Sunil Bodh, Satish Dulhaj and Dipak Tival for the murder.
According to police, the duo were attacked outside an eatery when they tried to protect their woman companions from a group of men who were misbehaving with them. The group after retreating initially came back at the spot with over 10 aides and brutally assaulted Keenan and Reuben in full public view. The case was transferred to the Sewri fast-track court in March following a huge public outcry.
With additional information from PTI
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1