DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kenya football stampede kills 9 fans
9 fans died in a stampede while trying to enter a stadium where a football match between two of Kenya's most popular teams was being played.
Nairobi: Nine fans died in a stampede while trying to enter a stadium where a football match between two of Kenya's most popular teams was being played, the Kenya Red Cross said.
Jack Oguda, the CEO of the Kenya Premier League, said he did not know why fans couldn't get into the stadium properly because it wasn't full.
"A gate was broken into by fans forcing their way into the stadium," Oguda said. "Access was limited and they got agitated, and that's why they forced their way in. We'll start an inquiry into the matter to establish why fans could not access the stadium."
Zedekiah Otieno, the coach of Gor Mahia, which beat the AFC Leopards 1-0 in the game, said: "Management should ensure that gates are open on time to avoid a mad rush to the stadium during games of this magnitude."
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics