Kerala a front runner for IIT: Union HRD Minister
Kerala Excise and Ports Minsiter, K Babu, had urged the minister to consider the state's plea for IIT favourably.
Kochi: Kerala was the front runner for IIT, Union HRD Minister Pallam Raju on January 6 said. In the 11th plan, some IITs were granted. They were in various stages of progress. "We need to consolidate and definitely we will look into new requests and I think definitely Kerala is the front runner", he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here when asked about the state's long plea for IIT.
Kerala Excise and Ports Minsiter, K Babu, had urged the minister at the function to consider the state's plea for IIT favourably.
Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh, during his visit to Kerala in September for the inauguration of 'Emerging Kerala' investors meet had said the Centre was seriously considering a proposal to set up IIT in the state.
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock for Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle