Kerala: Antony upset over feud within state Congress
Defence Minister A K Antony on Tuesday asked his party colleagues to develop political maturity.
Palakkad: With Kerala state Congress leaders attacking each other on TV channels, Defence Minister A K Antony on Tuesday asked his party colleagues to develop political maturity. "Today many of my friends here, the moment they see mikes of TV channels they cut loose and make lots of statements. This does not augur with the Kerala style of political functioning," said Antony.
Antony was speaking at a meeting here to honour senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader O Rajagopal who completed the golden jubilee in his political career. "I wish they show restraint because they should not air opinions, which at times turn personal even and this should not happen," added Antony.
Ahead of Antony making this statement, K Muraleedharan, a Congress legislator said that it would not be good if the state Congress president Ramesh Chennithala becomes a cabinet minister. The factional feud in the Congress party has intensified ever since the two warring groups headed by Chennithala and Chief Minister Oommen Chandy have been sticking to their stance of sharing the 14 district Congress committees.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology