Kerala: Antony upset over feud within state Congress
Defence Minister A K Antony on Tuesday asked his party colleagues to develop political maturity.
Palakkad: With Kerala state Congress leaders attacking each other on TV channels, Defence Minister A K Antony on Tuesday asked his party colleagues to develop political maturity. "Today many of my friends here, the moment they see mikes of TV channels they cut loose and make lots of statements. This does not augur with the Kerala style of political functioning," said Antony.
Antony was speaking at a meeting here to honour senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader O Rajagopal who completed the golden jubilee in his political career. "I wish they show restraint because they should not air opinions, which at times turn personal even and this should not happen," added Antony.
Ahead of Antony making this statement, K Muraleedharan, a Congress legislator said that it would not be good if the state Congress president Ramesh Chennithala becomes a cabinet minister. The factional feud in the Congress party has intensified ever since the two warring groups headed by Chennithala and Chief Minister Oommen Chandy have been sticking to their stance of sharing the 14 district Congress committees.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP