Kerala church roof collapse: Death toll rises to two
Police have registered a case against the contractor executing the work, who is yet to be traced.
Alappuzha: With one more worker succumbing to his injuries in the wee hours on Tuesday, the toll in the collapse of an under construction church at nearby Aroor rose to two. Nine others are being treated at different hospitals in Kochi and here for injuries sustained when concreting work of a new structure of St Augustine Church came crashing down on Monday evening.
While Vishwanath from Bihar died on Monday night, another labourer, whose identity is yet to be established, died in a government hospital at nearby Cherthala early this morning, police sources said.
Though search and rescue operations were conducted for several hours on Monday evening, none was found dead trapped in the debris. Police have registered a case against the contractor executing the work, who is yet to be traced.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology