Kerala: Dalai Lama to inaugurate Sivagiri pilgrimage
The Tibetan spiritual leader will inaugurate the Sivagiri Mutt's 80th annual pilgrimage at Varkala on Nov 24.
Kochi: Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama will inaugurate the Sivagiri Mutt's 80th annual pilgrimage at Varkala on November 24 and attend a host of functions during his two day visit to Kerala. The Nobel laureate will be chief guest in the Catholicate Centenary celebrations and the anniversary function of the Orthodox church here on Nov 25, a press release said.
The spiritual leader will give a private audience at a function organised by Friends of Tibet to beneficiaries of 'Wellbeing' Tibetan medical service camp being held in Kochi for the last two years and will also speak on 'The Art of Happiness'. Noted Tibetan poet and writer Tenzin Tsundue will recite his poems and present 'Compassion in Exile', a French documentary on the life of Dalai Lama, produced by Lemle Pictures.
Friends of Tibet is also organising an exhibition of historic photographs on Tibet and artefacts, including coins and currencies from the then Independent Tibet and a radio used by the Dalai Lama.
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story