Kerala girl who thrashed men for verbal abuse faces court case
One of the accused filed a private complaint in a local court alleging he had been beaten up by the girl who also blocked his car.
Thiruvananthapuram: A college girl who hit the headlines by kicking and punching molesters recently has landed in trouble with the city police registering a case against her based on a local court order.
The courage shown by Amrita, a final year degree student of a city college, has been widely applauded for the way she "handled" her tormentors at a wayside eatery on her way home after participating in "One Billion Rising" programme at Shanghumugham beach on February 14.
After her bold act appeared in the media, she has been showered with phone calls and letters praising the manner in which she handled the situation and a state minister even visited her home to pat the courageous girl.
Following the incident, police registered a case against the two molesters.
One of the accused, however, filed a private complaint in a local court alleging he had been beaten up by the girl who also blocked his car.
Admitting the complaint, the court on Monday directed the city police to register a case and investigate the incident. Meanwhile, state Women's Commission chairperson KC Rosakutty and leaders of various women outfits criticised the action against Amrita, who is widely seen as a symbol of "courageous womanhood".
A black belt in Karate, Amrita said she would legally fight the case against her.
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Says 7 Pakistani Rangers, Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border, Pak Denies
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18