Kerala govt orders probe into juvenile home abuse
The Kerala government has ordered a probe into the alleged sexual abuse of children in a juvenile home in Kottayam.
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government has ordered a probe into the alleged sexual abuse of children in a juvenile home at Thiruvanchur in Kottayam district, run by the Social Welfare Department. Based on a report by CNN-IBN, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy instructed the Director of Social Welfare Department to conduct an inquiry and submit an initial report, official sources said here on Thursday.
Some of the children had told CNN-IBN that they had been subjected to physical and mental harassment by some staff of the juvenile home. They also complained that the institution even lacked basic amenities and no remedial measures had been taken by the authorities despite repeated requests.
Director of Social Welfare Department M S Jaya has gone to the home to assess the veracity of the complaints, they said.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Kareena Kapoor is Setting Trends During Pregnancy: Soha Ali Khan
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Virat Kohli Offers Condolences to Families of Uri Attack Victims