DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kerala govt orders probe into juvenile home abuse
The Kerala government has ordered a probe into the alleged sexual abuse of children in a juvenile home in Kottayam.
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government has ordered a probe into the alleged sexual abuse of children in a juvenile home at Thiruvanchur in Kottayam district, run by the Social Welfare Department. Based on a report by CNN-IBN, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy instructed the Director of Social Welfare Department to conduct an inquiry and submit an initial report, official sources said here on Thursday.
Some of the children had told CNN-IBN that they had been subjected to physical and mental harassment by some staff of the juvenile home. They also complained that the institution even lacked basic amenities and no remedial measures had been taken by the authorities despite repeated requests.
Director of Social Welfare Department M S Jaya has gone to the home to assess the veracity of the complaints, they said.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users