Fishermen deaths: Kerala HC stays Italians' trial
The marines had approached the HC challenging the Sessions Court order denying them translated copies of the evidence.
New Delhi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday stayed the trial proceedings against the two Italian marines in the fishermen killing case.
The marines had approached the court challenging the Kollam Sessions Court order that denied them translated copies of the prosecution documents and eye witnesses' accounts.
The High Court issued a notice to the government on the matter.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul