Kerala: Four tourists drown as houseboat capsizes
The mishap happened close to the landing point where the tourists were being shifted from one boat to another.
Alappuzha: Four tourist from Tamil Nadu, including a child, drowned in Kerala's Alappuzha district after a houseboat capsized on Saturday. The incident took place at a popular tourist spot of the district, Punnamada lake.
Sixty tourists from Chennai were at the spot when the houseboat capsized. The remaining tourists have been rescued and shifted to a hospital.
The four - three women and the child - were lifted from the water and rushed to a hospital where they were declared dead, sources said. The mishap happened close to the landing point where the tourists were being shifted from one boat to another.
The boat tilted to one side before it partly submerged into water. The four had got trapped in the submerged part of the boat. Punnamada lake is the hub of water tourism in Kerala where a large number of houseboats operate.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance