DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kerala: Four tourists drown as houseboat capsizes
The mishap happened close to the landing point where the tourists were being shifted from one boat to another.
Alappuzha: Four tourist from Tamil Nadu, including a child, drowned in Kerala's Alappuzha district after a houseboat capsized on Saturday. The incident took place at a popular tourist spot of the district, Punnamada lake.
Sixty tourists from Chennai were at the spot when the houseboat capsized. The remaining tourists have been rescued and shifted to a hospital.
The four - three women and the child - were lifted from the water and rushed to a hospital where they were declared dead, sources said. The mishap happened close to the landing point where the tourists were being shifted from one boat to another.
The boat tilted to one side before it partly submerged into water. The four had got trapped in the submerged part of the boat. Punnamada lake is the hub of water tourism in Kerala where a large number of houseboats operate.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Govt Says No Chance of Indo-Pak Bilateral Series in Current Scenario
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Opinion – Which 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire Variant Should You Buy?
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan