Kerala: Four tourists drown as houseboat capsizes
The mishap happened close to the landing point where the tourists were being shifted from one boat to another.
Alappuzha: Four tourist from Tamil Nadu, including a child, drowned in Kerala's Alappuzha district after a houseboat capsized on Saturday. The incident took place at a popular tourist spot of the district, Punnamada lake.
Sixty tourists from Chennai were at the spot when the houseboat capsized. The remaining tourists have been rescued and shifted to a hospital.
The four - three women and the child - were lifted from the water and rushed to a hospital where they were declared dead, sources said. The mishap happened close to the landing point where the tourists were being shifted from one boat to another.
The boat tilted to one side before it partly submerged into water. The four had got trapped in the submerged part of the boat. Punnamada lake is the hub of water tourism in Kerala where a large number of houseboats operate.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology