DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kerala: Husband, mother-in-law burn woman's private parts in a bid to abort baby
The woman told police that she did not inform her parents as they had opposed her marriage with Darshan with whom she had fallen in love.
Thiruvanthapuram: In a shocking incident, a pregnant woman near here was allegedly made to drink water mixed with chilly powder and her private parts burnt using fire logs and cigarette butts by her husband and mother-in-law after she refused to go in for an abortion as demanded by him.
Police said Darshan (24) and his mother Vijaya (38) of Neyyattinakara near here had been persistently tormenting the 21-year-old woman ever since she became pregnant eight months ago.
The woman told police that she did not inform her parents as they had opposed the marriage with Darshan, with whom she had fallen in love. Darshan and his mother allegedly made her drink water mixed with chilly powder, burnt her private parts with fire logs and cigarette ends.
They had locked her in a room for the last two months, police said. Police said neighbours, who did not see her out for long, informed her mother who complained to police. Darshan and his mother were sent into custody on Monday and they have been remanded in judicial custody, police added.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar