Kerala: Landslide toll rises to five
The death toll in the landslide at Kadavoor in Ernakulam district rose to five with the recovery of the body of a man, police said.
Kochi: The death toll in the landslide at Kadavoor in Ernakulam district rose to five on Saturday with the recovery of the body of a man, police said.
Heavy rains lashing parts of Central Kerala on Friday had claimed four lives in the region - three in a landslip and another who died of a heart attack after witnessing the incident.
Police, fire force and Naval personnel are engaged in search operations since early this morning to recover the body of one more person.
Seven houses were damaged in the landslide with huge boulders and mud covering the dwellings. Police said inmates of two houses were not at home when the landslide occurred.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right