DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kerala: Landslide toll rises to five
The death toll in the landslide at Kadavoor in Ernakulam district rose to five with the recovery of the body of a man, police said.
Kochi: The death toll in the landslide at Kadavoor in Ernakulam district rose to five on Saturday with the recovery of the body of a man, police said.
Heavy rains lashing parts of Central Kerala on Friday had claimed four lives in the region - three in a landslip and another who died of a heart attack after witnessing the incident.
Police, fire force and Naval personnel are engaged in search operations since early this morning to recover the body of one more person.
Seven houses were damaged in the landslide with huge boulders and mud covering the dwellings. Police said inmates of two houses were not at home when the landslide occurred.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO