Kerala: Man hacks mother of daughter's lover to death
The girl committed suicide after her father rejected her lover's plea to marry her.
Alappuzha: A middle-aged man hacked to death the mother of his daughter's lover at Punapra within hours of the girl committing suicide after he rejected the young man's plea to marry her, police said. The 17-year-old girl Haitha allegedly committed suicide by hanging, after which her father went to the home of her lover Aneesh and hacked to death his mother, who was alone at the time, they said. The man was later arrested.
Police said Aneesh had gone to the girl's house and told her father they were in love and that he wanted to marry her. However, the father refused to give his consent, following which there was a heated exchange between them.
Meanwhile, Haritha went to her room and hanged herself from a ceiling fan, they said, adding she was declared dead at a hospital where she was rushed to. The shocked father then rushed to the home of Aneesh and hacked the mother to death, police said, adding he was arrested last evening after locals alerted them on seeing him coming out of the house with a blood stained knife.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator