Kerala minor rape: Culprits identified, says govt
Kerala Home Minister T Radhakrishnan said the police probe into the incident was progressing satisfactorily.
Malappuram: The culprits behind the rape of a three-year old girl at Tirur in this district had been identified and would be nabbed very soon, Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan said on Thursday. In a brief interaction with mediapersons, the Home Minister said the police probe into the incident was progressing satisfactorily and that all out efforts are being made to nab the culprits.
Police had stated on Wednesday that the culprits had been identified and would be trapped soon and the dragnet had been spread to neighbouring states to nab them.
The three-year-old girl was raped by some persons and later abandoned in Tirur on March 5. The child, belonging to a migrant Tamil family, was sleeping with her mother near a hospital here when she was abducted, raped and abandoned near a building.
The child was rushed to a hospital at Tirur in Malappuram district and later shifted to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital where she underwent two surgeries and her condition was reported to be stable.
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha