DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kerala: Police lathicharge student activists
Some student organisations had taken out a protest march in Kozhikode alleging leak of exam question papers.
Kozhikode: The police on Friday resorted to lathicharge and fired teargas shells after some student organisations, which took out a protest march in Kozhikode alleging leak of exam question papers, threw stones at them, police sources said.
The student activists, including those from SFI and AISF, had taken out a march to MES Raja Residential School where exams for management seats in nine self-financing private medical colleges was held, police said.
Police blocked the marchers in front of the school and a scuffle broke out when the activists tried to barge into the exam centre. Police resorted to lathicharge and burst teargas shells after they pelted stones at police and their vehicles damaging glasspanes, sources said.
Some student activists were also taken into custody, they said. Around 1300 students had applied for writing the exam.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand