Kerala: Teen girl found abandoned after being 'tortured'
Police are on the lookout for the youth who had cheated her from clues obtained from her statement, sources said.
Kollam: A 15-year-old girl from Tamil Nadu was found abandoned in an exhausted condition after being allegedly raped by her lover and at least two others at nearby Kottarakkara on Sunday, police said.
The man who abducted the girl is absconding, police said. The girl was taken to the government hospital by police after some passersby saw her sitting alone near a bus in the town.
In her statement to police at the hospital, the girl said she was taken from her home in Thoothukkudi district in Tamil Nadu by the man four days ago. He first took her by car to Kanyakumari where she was "tortured" by two others. They then came to Kottarakkara where they abandoned her near the bus stand and fled, police said.
The girl told police she had been living with her grandmother and the man had lured her with the promise of taking her to Kerala and marrying her.
Police said the girl was very tired and not in a condition to recall and narrate her harrowing experience entirely after being taken away from home. Police has registered a case under IPC sections 366 (kidnapping and abducting), 376 (committing gang rape) and other relevant sections.
The girl was produced before the magistrate and taken to Juvenile Home. Police are on the lookout for the youth who had cheated her from clues obtained from her statement, sources said.
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street Journal
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Gautam Gambhir 'Nervous as a Novice' After Shock Test Recall
- Strike rate is for bowlers, not batsmen: Anil Kumble
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test