Padmanabhaswamy Temple: SC to decide on report
The report seeks time till August 2013 to file a complete inventory report on the items recovered from inside the temple vaults.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court (SC) on Tuesday will look into an expert committee report on the Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple in Kerala. The report seeks time till August 2013 to file a complete inventory report on the items recovered from inside the temple vaults.
In July 2011 a Supreme Court committee found six vaults in the 16th century temple laden with treasure. The bullion in five of the vaults is estimated to be worth Rs 1 lakh crore. One vault is yet to be opened.
Kerala government had given approval to a five-tier security system which took into account all possible dangers to the shrine including theft, sabotage and natural disasters, official sources said. The committee comprises experts from ISRO, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), the Centre for Earth Sciences Studies and top officials of Kerala police.
The hi-tech security system took into account all possible dangers to the shrine including theft. The temple has six vaults, most of them underground, filled with priceless articles. During the recent inventory by a Supreme Court-appointed panel, five of these vaults were opened, leaving out one chamber, called 'vault B'.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show