Kerala to get Rs 403 crore under universal education scheme
"In the last fiscal, the total allocation that was sanctioned was Rs 523 crore," said the state Education Minister.
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala has been allocated Rs 403 crore in the current fiscal under the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) scheme for universal education, state Education Minister Abdu Rabb said in Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday.
Rabb said the centre has sanctioned Rs 403 crore for universal education in the state. "Of this, the centre would provide 65 per cent (Rs 263 crore) and the rest would be the share of the state, and the state's share would come through the local self governments," the minister said.
"In the last fiscal, the total allocation that was sanctioned was Rs 523 crore, of which the state received Rs 483.67 crore, and Rs 429.70 crore was utilised," the Education Minister said. This fiscal, across the country, states have been given less money as compared to last year for the SSA. "We, in fact, had submitted a proposal for Rs.938 crore," the minister said.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology