Kerala: Truck carrying cylinders catches fire
People in the 1 km radius have been evacuated as part of safety measures.
Thiruvananthapuram: At Kalliasseri in Kannur, a tanker lorry carrying LPG caught fire after it met with an accident. According to sources, the tanker lorry was hit by a lorry coming from the opposite direction.
The fire force officials have rushed to the spot and tried to keep the temperature from rising and preventing a burst. The incident happened around 4 am on Tuesday morning and the driver and conductor of the tanker lorry informed the people. People in the 1 km radius have been evacuated as part of safety measures.
EB Prasad, state director of the Fire and Rescue services, stated that the situation is under control now. He added that it would have been more dangerous if the gas was not burning as it will spread to more areas and a spark can ignite it.
It was an IOC tanker going from Mangalapuram to Kozhikode that got fire. It might take time till sunset after the entire area is cleared.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology