DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kerala: Truck carrying cylinders catches fire
People in the 1 km radius have been evacuated as part of safety measures.
Thiruvananthapuram: At Kalliasseri in Kannur, a tanker lorry carrying LPG caught fire after it met with an accident. According to sources, the tanker lorry was hit by a lorry coming from the opposite direction.
The fire force officials have rushed to the spot and tried to keep the temperature from rising and preventing a burst. The incident happened around 4 am on Tuesday morning and the driver and conductor of the tanker lorry informed the people. People in the 1 km radius have been evacuated as part of safety measures.
EB Prasad, state director of the Fire and Rescue services, stated that the situation is under control now. He added that it would have been more dangerous if the gas was not burning as it will spread to more areas and a spark can ignite it.
It was an IOC tanker going from Mangalapuram to Kozhikode that got fire. It might take time till sunset after the entire area is cleared.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande