DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Army fights terrorists for 11th day, Keran operation in its last leg
Indian forces have been battling around 30 to 40 terrorists who infiltrated the Keran region 11 days ago.
Srinagar: The battle in Keran along the Line of Control has entered its final stages. Indian forces have been battling around 30 to 40 terrorists who infiltrated the region 11 days ago.
Pakistan is denying a hand in it even as the evidence points otherwise. The Indian Army has called in additional forces for the operation as the terrorists have been hold up in a village on the Indian side of the LoC for 10 days.
However, the Army has claimed that 15 intruders have been killed even though no bodies, arms and ammunition have been recovered by it. The operation is taking place in the high altitude, thickly forested Shala Bhata area, which has been cordoned off.
The first encounter took place on September 24 in which five Indian soldiers were wounded. The sources have told that the intruders are standing on their ground and are firing along a front of 4 to 5 kms.
Meanwhile, Indian Army's 15 Corps has denied reports that attempts were made by the Pakistan side to set up a supply line for the intruders. However, it has said that there is a possibility of the the intruders consisting of a Pakistani Border Action Team, a mix of terrorists and regular soldiers.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh