DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kerber defeats Keothavong in 2 sets at US Open
The German beat Britain's Anne Keothavong 6-2, 6-0 in 54 minutes.
New York: Sixth-seeded Angelique Kerber moved on easily at the US Open to set up a second round match with Venus Williams.
The German beat Britain's Anne Keothavong 6-2, 6-0 in 54 minutes on Tuesday. Keothavong, ranked 81st, had 25 unforced errors to Kerber's nine.
Ranked outside the top 100 at the start of 2010, Kerber is now a career-best sixth. She reached her first Grand Slam semifinal at Flushing Meadows last year.
Williams is unseeded at No. 46 in the world after missing time because of illness, and Kerber was the top player who drew her early in the tournament.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835