Keshorn Walcott wins Olympic javelin gold
Walcott, the world junior champion, threw a national record 84.58 meters with his second attempt.
London: Keshorn Walcott won the javelin gold medal on Saturday to give Trinidad and Tobago its first Olympic title in a field event. Walcott, the world junior champion, threw a national record 84.58 meters with his second attempt and nobody improved on the mark for the remainder of the final.
Oleksandr Pyantnytsya of Ukraine was second with a throw of 84.51 and Antti Ruuskanen of Finland took third. Two-time defending champion Andreas Thorkildsen of Norway finished sixth.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner