Delhi: Wife of Kingfisher engineer commits suicide
The Kingfisher Airlines has not paid any salary to the engineer for the past seven months.
New Delhi: In a tragic incident in the national capital, the wife of an employee of the Kingfisher Airlines committed suicide. The husband of the suicide victim works as an engineer with the crisis-hit airline.
A suicide note has been recovered by the police that blames financial stress as the cause of the extreme step.
According to sources, the Kingfisher Airlines has not paid salary to the engineer for the past seven months.
This comes even as the Kingfisher Airlines is undergoing a major crisis as its flights are grounded over several issues, including non-payment of salaries to its employees.
Taking a firm stand, the government has also said that Kingfisher Airlines must get the permission from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) if it wants to fly.
The DGCA had in its report raised serious concerns over the non-payment of salaries to its employees, asking Kingfisher to submit concrete plan before resuming operations.
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- New Trump Accuser Said He Groped Her at 1998 Tennis Event
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18