Omkareshwar dam protests: Centre to send team
The residents of nearby villages have been protesting for 16 days now, standing neck-deep in water, against the rising water level in the dam.
Bhopal: The Centre has finally taken note of the Omkareshwar dam protests and will send a team of observers to the site on Monday for a survey. The residents of Khandwa and Harda villages have been protesting for 16 days now, standing neck-deep in water.
The people have been protesting against the rising water level in the dam that threatens to wipe out their villages.
The protests are led by the Narmada Bachao Andolan activists.
On Saturday, two ministers of the Madhya Pradesh government met the activists and assured action.
The water level in the dam now stands at 193 meters, claim activists.
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- 'Rock On!!' Was Shraddha Kapoor's Favourite Film During Her Growing Up Years
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser