DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Omkareshwar dam protests: Centre to send team
The residents of nearby villages have been protesting for 16 days now, standing neck-deep in water, against the rising water level in the dam.
Bhopal: The Centre has finally taken note of the Omkareshwar dam protests and will send a team of observers to the site on Monday for a survey. The residents of Khandwa and Harda villages have been protesting for 16 days now, standing neck-deep in water.
The people have been protesting against the rising water level in the dam that threatens to wipe out their villages.
The protests are led by the Narmada Bachao Andolan activists.
On Saturday, two ministers of the Madhya Pradesh government met the activists and assured action.
The water level in the dam now stands at 193 meters, claim activists.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh