Omkareshwar dam protests: Centre to send team
The residents of nearby villages have been protesting for 16 days now, standing neck-deep in water, against the rising water level in the dam.
Bhopal: The Centre has finally taken note of the Omkareshwar dam protests and will send a team of observers to the site on Monday for a survey. The residents of Khandwa and Harda villages have been protesting for 16 days now, standing neck-deep in water.
The people have been protesting against the rising water level in the dam that threatens to wipe out their villages.
The protests are led by the Narmada Bachao Andolan activists.
On Saturday, two ministers of the Madhya Pradesh government met the activists and assured action.
The water level in the dam now stands at 193 meters, claim activists.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology