'Khubsoorat' remake: Sonam takes Rekha's blessings
'Khubsoorat' is being remade by Sonam's father Anil Kapoor, while Shashanka Ghosh is the director of the film.
Mumbai: Actress Sonam Kapoor, who reprises the role that Rekha played in the 1980 family comedy 'Khubsoorat' in its remake, says she sought the blessings of the veteran stunner before beginning to shoot for it.
"I got her blessings for the film I am doing; I met her at the 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' premiere and that's when she told (blessed) me," Sonam said here.
"We are just taking the spirit of the character and putting it in a modern way. We are modernising it and just keeping the spirit of the girl. We are not sticking to the same story line," she added.
The original film, directed by the maverick Hrishikesh Mukherjee, also starred Ashok Kumar, Dina Pathak and Rakesh Roshan. 'Khubsoorat' is being remade by Sonam's actor father Anil Kapoor, and directed by Shashanka Ghosh.
Sonam said: "I am very excited to work with Shashank. He is the director and he is an absolute genius. The film is going on floors in August."
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18