'Khubsoorat' remake: Sonam takes Rekha's blessings
'Khubsoorat' is being remade by Sonam's father Anil Kapoor, while Shashanka Ghosh is the director of the film.
Mumbai: Actress Sonam Kapoor, who reprises the role that Rekha played in the 1980 family comedy 'Khubsoorat' in its remake, says she sought the blessings of the veteran stunner before beginning to shoot for it.
"I got her blessings for the film I am doing; I met her at the 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' premiere and that's when she told (blessed) me," Sonam said here.
"We are just taking the spirit of the character and putting it in a modern way. We are modernising it and just keeping the spirit of the girl. We are not sticking to the same story line," she added.
The original film, directed by the maverick Hrishikesh Mukherjee, also starred Ashok Kumar, Dina Pathak and Rakesh Roshan. 'Khubsoorat' is being remade by Sonam's actor father Anil Kapoor, and directed by Shashanka Ghosh.
Sonam said: "I am very excited to work with Shashank. He is the director and he is an absolute genius. The film is going on floors in August."
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"