Kids more important than acting: Gwyneth Paltrow
Gwyneth Paltrow says acting became unimportant to her when she had kids with husband, Chris Martin.
London: Actress Gwyneth Paltrow says acting became unimportant to her when she had kids with husband, Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.
The 39-year-old, who has two children - daughter Apple, seven, and five-year-old son Moses - said she lost her sense of being an artist after she gave birth, reported Daily Mail.
"When I first had my kids, I just didn't want to be anywhere else. Now they are older, I feel my sense of self coming back as an artist. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get good parts later in my life - like Meryl Streep. But still I've starred in a lot of great films and won a lot of great awards," Paltrow said.
The actress also said she loves the kind of roles she is getting as she can work and not have to be away from her kids for too long.
"I just had the summer off with them and now they're back to school again. Then what I'll do is look for more interesting supporting-size parts. I have not starred in a movie since I had my daughter seven years ago because it's too much. I would never see them and there's no point," Paltrow added.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch