Kimi Raikkonen to start 10th after grid penalty
Raikkonen's teammate Romain Grosjean was eleventh fastest after the rain scuppered his Q2 lap on new tyres; forcing him to abort his final attempt.
Sepang: Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus set the seventh fastest time in a rain affected qualifying of the Formula 1 Malaysian Grand Prix here on Saturday. The Finn will however start the Sunday's race from tenth position after receiving a three place grid penalty for blocking Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg.
Raikkonen's teammate Romain Grosjean was eleventh fastest after the rain scuppered his Q2 lap on new tyres; forcing him to abort his final attempt. Raikkonen, who won the season opener in Melbourne, said: "We weren't quick enough on the intermediates so I don't think we could have found much more time in the wet today. For sure I wanted more but it is what it is and I hope we'll do better on Sunday. It's obviously disappointing to lose three places on the grid, but we'll have to see what happens in the race. I have no idea what the weather will do, but it will be the same for everyone."
Lotus technical director James Allison felt the race is "likely to be a stern test of driver and team".
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed