Kin of 4 fishermen to get Rs 25 lakh each
KOCHI: The Kerala High Court on Friday directed the owner of the vessel mv Prabhu Daya, which collided with a fishing vessel off t..
KOCHI: The Kerala High Court on Friday directed the owner of the vessel mv Prabhu Daya, which collided with a fishing vessel off the Kerala coast, to pay Rs 25 lakh each as compensation.
Family members of the four fishermen, who were killed in the hit-and-run case, had reached an out-of-court settlement with the Tolani Shipping Company, the owner of the vessel, regarding the compensation amount. The court on Friday sent the family members and representative of the shipping company before the Lok Adalat and asked to finalise the compensation amount.
Family members of the fishermen- Jose, Justin, Cleatus and Santhosh - on Thursday informed the Kerala High Court that they had discussed the compensation claims with the shipping company. Five fishermen were killed after the fishing boat they were sailing in was hit by Prabhu Daya, a merchant vessel on March 1.
Family members of one of the deceased have approached the Madras HC seeking compensation.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone