DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kin of 4 fishermen to get Rs 25 lakh each
KOCHI: The Kerala High Court on Friday directed the owner of the vessel mv Prabhu Daya, which collided with a fishing vessel off t..
KOCHI: The Kerala High Court on Friday directed the owner of the vessel mv Prabhu Daya, which collided with a fishing vessel off the Kerala coast, to pay Rs 25 lakh each as compensation.
Family members of the four fishermen, who were killed in the hit-and-run case, had reached an out-of-court settlement with the Tolani Shipping Company, the owner of the vessel, regarding the compensation amount. The court on Friday sent the family members and representative of the shipping company before the Lok Adalat and asked to finalise the compensation amount.
Family members of the fishermen- Jose, Justin, Cleatus and Santhosh - on Thursday informed the Kerala High Court that they had discussed the compensation claims with the shipping company. Five fishermen were killed after the fishing boat they were sailing in was hit by Prabhu Daya, a merchant vessel on March 1.
Family members of one of the deceased have approached the Madras HC seeking compensation.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar