Mumbai: KFA pilots on strike, 3 flights cancelled
The Kingfisher management and its pilots have been at loggerheads over the delayed disbursement of salaries.
Mumbai: Three Kingfisher flights from Mumbai were cancelled on Saturday morning after a section of its pilots did not report for work.
The flights that were cancelled were IT4141 to Kandla, IT 181 to Chennai and IT 101 to Bangalore.
The Kingfisher management and its pilots have been at loggerheads over the delayed disbursement of salaries. The disgruntled pilots on Saturday claimed that their salaries had not been disbursed into their accounts till Friday.
The airline, however, issued a statement clarifying that more than 75 per cent of its employees had actually received their promised salaries till Friday and the remaining would be paid by Monday.
"Kingfisher wishes to state that more than 75 per cent of its employees have actually received their promised salaries on the committed date of Friday, July 13. We have further assured our staff that the remaining employees will receive their salaries by July 16. Despite this, a section of employees have decided to stay at home," the statement read.
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan