Kingfisher terminates 58 maintenance engineers
The engineers were sacked on grounds of non-performance.
New Delhi: After Jet Airways sacked pilots, Kingfisher airline has now terminated 58 of its aircraft maintenance engineers.
Network 18 has learnt that the engineers have been sacked on grounds of non-performance. Sources say that these engineers were from Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi and Chennai.
The engineers however have been given three months salary in advance.
The airline, which is reeling under severe financial crisis, has been on a retrenchment process for the past 15 days.
Network 18 has also learnt that further cost cutting measures are likely to continue in the days to come.
This month, Jet Airways pilots went on a five-day strike, crippling the airline and causing at least 800 flights to be cancelled. The strike ended on September 13, as the airline management and the agitators reached a settlement under which four sacked pilots were reinstated.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More