Kingpin of inter-state chain snatching gang arrested
The gang had also kept two Delhi-registered motorcycles at the Kozhikode railway station, which they used for chain snatching in and around Kozhikode.
Kozhikode: The kingpin of an inter-state chain snatching gang based in New Delhi has been arrested from Delhi and brought in Kozhikode on Tuesday, police said. The kingpin identified as Haji Naziruddin Sony (46) was arrested on March 31, 2013 from Gokulpuri in New Delhi by a police team from Kerala with the help of their Delhi counterparts, Kozhikode City Commissioner of Police, Sparjankumar, told reporters.
The modus operandi of the gang members was coming to Kerala by flight and staying here for four to five days and returning to Delhi by trains with the stolen goods, he said. The gang had also kept two Delhi-registered motorcycles at the Kozhikode railway station, which they used for chain snatching in and around Kozhikode, he said.
In March 2013, two members of the gang, Mohammed Shakeel (34) and Noushad Ali (24), were apprehended by a group of youngsters from nearby Chettikulam and handed over to police. During interrogation, they had mentioned the name of the gang leader Sony, he said. Recently one Manju, allegedly another member of the gang, was nabbed by police from Palakkad, he said. The gang had targetted Thrissur, Palakkad and Kozhikode district for committing robberies.
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle