'KKR to find a role for Ganguly': Shahrukh
Ganguly was left red-faced as none of the 10 franchisees bought him
Durban: Kolkata Knight Riders' owner and Bollywood icon Shah Rukh Khan today said he would try and find a role for Sourav Ganguly in his IPL team after the former India skipper remained unsold.
Ganguly, who led KKR in the last edition, was left red-faced as none of the 10 franchisees showed interest in buying him at the two-day auction in Bangalore. "I would love it, I would love Sourav to be an integral part. You don't have a team in Kolkata without him. So, I will speak to Dada when I get back," Shah Rukh said.
The fans of Ganguly yesterday burnt Khan's effigies in Kolkata protesting his exclusion from the team. Shah Rukh refused to speak on why other teams ignored the former India captain. "I don't think I should be commenting on the nine other people. There are 350 to 400 players. There are 10 teams with think-tanks varying in hundred of numbers, the permutations and combinations. I don't think any of us can comment really on who should pick who? I don't think we have the right to do that."
"Auction is actually a chance like. It is very difficult to be completely confirmed on what you do in the auction. So things go wrong, kind of money you have, which players come first, so lots of decisions have to be made," he said.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away
- FBI, Homeland Security to Probe Cyber Attacks That Disrupted Twitter, Reddit, Spotify
- DDoS attacks on Dyn, Amazon services shut down Twitter, Other Websites in US East
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- Akhilesh Yadav Rebuffs Formation Of New Party, Says Will Remain With SP
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial SP Meet