DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Knowledge should not be banned: Kabir Bedi
Kabir bedi has started a protest opposing the decision to remove AK Ramanujan's essay from the syllabus.
New Delhi: Actor Kabir bedi has started a protest opposing Delhi University's decision to remove late poet and translator AK Ramanujan's essay 'Three Hundred Ramayanas: Five Examples and Three Thoughts on Translation' from its history syllabus.
"I have signed petition opposing Delhi University's removal of of AK Ramanujan's '300 Ramayans' from the history syllabus. Knowledge should not be banned," Bedi posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
According to the reports, the essay has been taught since 2006 but it has now been dropped for hurting Hindu sentiments.
The 65-year-old is upset and urges fans to sign the petition in order to spread the word.
"Sign to protest against removal of A.K. Ramanujan's '300 Ramayanas' from DU History syllabus. petol.org/ramanuj #petol," he further posted.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics