Kochadaiyaan: Rajinikanth's passion inspires Deepika
'Kochadaiyaan' is Rajinikanth's first film after his illness, which experiments with performance-capturing technique.
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone teamed up with southern superstar Rajinikanth in Tamil movie 'Kochadaiyaan' and says he inspired her a lot with his dedication and passion while shooting for the film, which experiments with performance-capturing technique.
"Working with him in 'Kochadaiyaan' was very inspiring for the kind of energy he brings to the sets even after working for so many years... he has that passion one can easily see in his eyes. After his illness, I saw the same passion," Deepika said.
"We are trying out a new technique in 'Kochadaiyaan', the performance-capturing technique. So it's a completely new experience for me. While the emotions are what I've conveyed, the technique used is completely new," she added.
"Kochadaiyaan's Rajinikanth's daughter Soundarya R Ashwin's directorial debut and the period drama is the superstar's first film after his illness. The 61-year-old was out of action in 2011 when he developed health problems and was flown to Singapore for treatment.
'Kochadaiyaan' will also be released in Hindi, Malayalam, Japanese, Telugu and English. Deepika might dub for the Tamil version. "As for Japanese or Telugu, I don't know these languages. The idea is to make this a big international film coming from India. It isn't only a Tamil language film," she said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology