Kochi Airport on high alert after bomb threat
The Airport Director said area was thoroughly checked by bomb and dog squad but nothing has been found so far.
Kochi: Police and CISF personnel are on high alert at the Kochi Airport at nearby Nedumbassery following an anonymous call on Tuesday morning that a bomb had been planted there.
The call was received at the Air India office at the Airport around 6.45 am. No specific area or location was mentioned, Airport Director AKC Nair told PTI.
The Airport area was thoroughly checked by bomb and dog squad but nothing has been found so far, he said. Nair said the call was made from a BSNL mobile phone. All flights were checked thoroughly and this would continue through out the day, he said.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President