Kochi: Father, step-father rape 17-year-old
A case has been registered against the accused, including the victim's step-father.
Kochi: In yet another shocking incident of sexual abuse of minors by their relatives in Kerala, a 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father and seven others over an year. A case has been registered against the accused, including her step-father at Paravoor police station, the police said on Saturday. One accused has been taken into custody.
Autorickshaw drivers saw the girl walking on the road at night and brought her to police station. When questioned by women cops, the girl narrated her plight, they said. In a similar incident from Ernakulam district recently, a six-year-old girl from Kurumpady was allegedly sexually abused by her 40-year-old father for six months after he would force her to drink alcohol.
Police have registered a case against the accused, who is abcounding following a complaint from the girl's mother that the child's father had been sexually abusing her for the past six months. A case has been registered against the girl's father under Protection of Children against sexual offences Act and IPC section 328 (giving liqour to a minor).
There were reports of fathers sexually abusing and raping their daughters recently from Kottayam and Kannur districts as well. In Kottayam, police had arrested a man who had been alleged sexually abused his two minor daughters for the past two years. The man, a hotel employee, has been charged under sections 376 (rape) and 377 (unnatural offences) of the IPC.
While in Dharmadom in Thalassery in Kannur district a 13-year-old girl was raped by her father, 15-year-old brother and and uncles for nearly two years. One of the accused died two days ago.
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists