DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kochi: KSRTC shows a novel way to travel
KSRTC employees launched a novel initiative on Thursday, giving a hearty welcome to the passengers.
Kochi: In an attempt to wipe out the image of rash and negligent driving, the KSRTC employees launched a novel initiative on Thursday, giving a hearty welcome to the passengers who boarded the buses.
The programme was inaugurated by Mayor Tony Chammany at the Vytilla Mobility Hub. The Mayor along with the councillors of the Kochi Corporation travelled in a KSRTC Volvo bus from the Mobility Hub to the Vytilla Junction. The employees of the KSRTC placed themselves at about five spots on the Vyttila-Vyttila circular route.
Apart from welcoming the passengers, the employees also distributed notices to them on road safety, the rights of the passengers, the duty of the drivers, complaint redressal and so on. The KSRTC employees also heard the grievances aired by the passengers.
The event organised by the Transport Democratic Front(TDF) of the KSRTC will continue in the coming days on various routes. The initiative will be extended to other districts in the state depending on the success of the programme, said a TDF member.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish