Kochi will host World Economic Forum India Meet: Chandy
Chandy said that India has hosted this event 28 times in the past, of which Mumbai hosted it once, while Delhi played the host on all other occasions.
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala's business capital, Kochi will host the prestigious the World Economic Forum's India meet November 8-9, said Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday. Chandy told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram that this is a rare honour for the state.
"India has hosted this event 28 times in the past, of which Mumbai hosted it once, while Delhi played the host on all other occasions," he noted.
"More than 250 top notch business honchos, leading NGOs and top political leaders from the country will be attending the event. We are delighted that our state has come into the world radar and that's the reason why we have been given this opportunity," added Chandy.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?