Kochi will host World Economic Forum India Meet: Chandy
Chandy said that India has hosted this event 28 times in the past, of which Mumbai hosted it once, while Delhi played the host on all other occasions.
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala's business capital, Kochi will host the prestigious the World Economic Forum's India meet November 8-9, said Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday. Chandy told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram that this is a rare honour for the state.
"India has hosted this event 28 times in the past, of which Mumbai hosted it once, while Delhi played the host on all other occasions," he noted.
"More than 250 top notch business honchos, leading NGOs and top political leaders from the country will be attending the event. We are delighted that our state has come into the world radar and that's the reason why we have been given this opportunity," added Chandy.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology