Kol-Delhi passengers stuck in plane for 5 hrs
The Kolkata-Delhi Spice Jet flight was delayed for over five hours on Wednesday.
Kolkata: A Delhi-bound Spice Jet aircraft returned to the Kolkata airport on Wednesday due to technical snags detected shortly after it took off.
About 17 minutes after the Spice Jet 219 flight took off from the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport at 6.35 pm, the left engine started emitting smoke, officials said.
The plane then returned to the airport and after a check up took off again for Delhi.
"We were not informed about the delay and when we complained the crew took it very lightly. The AC was not working" said a passenger.
But after some time, the crew members felt that the cabin air pressure was not correct and the plane once again returned to Kolkata, they said.
The plane finally landed in Delhi at 10.45 PM.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017 Auction: Live Updates from Bengaluru
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)